If I get a Roam SIM Card does that mean I have to leave my current mobile provider?

If you use a Roam SIM card for your mobile phone or smart phone, you do not leave your current provider. Swap out your current SIM card with a Roam SIM Card, activate online and purchase a plan. Once you arrive in the US, your phone will automatically connect to the US 4G network. You will receive your own US phone number via text message and email. You get free calling and text messaging within the US and back to Canada.

You can forward your Canadian number to your US phone number (note that forwarding fees vary depending on your local provider). Alternatively, you can get the reusable Breeze Phone, and use that as your travel phone.